We are committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website or our services, you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
We may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page each time you use this website to ensure that you are happy with any changes.
What we collect
When you use our website, complete any contact forms on our website, sign up for and use our services, send us an email, post on our blog or communicate with us in any way, you are voluntarily giving us information that we collect.
This information may include:
- Name and occupation
- Contact information including email address, physical address and phone number
- Demographic information such as location, IP address, preferences and interests
- Other information relevant for services and billing purposes such as account logins and banking details
As well as voluntarily giving us information, we also collect certain information automatically when you browse our website or use our services. This may include details about your visit to our website, your usage of the services, and your web browsing. That information may include your IP address, your operating system, your browser ID, your browsing activity and other information about how you interacted with our website.
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping, including storing a copy of any contact form submissions in our website database, storing a copy of any enquiries and email conversations on our server and locally on our computers and mobile devices, storing a copy in our cloud services, which includes Sage Business Cloud, Dropbox and MailChimp, for quotation, billing and project management purposes.
- We may periodically send promotional email about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided if you have given us consent to do so.
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes if you have given us consent to do so. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail. We may use the information to customise and improve the website or our services according to your interests.
We will only retain your personal information for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements. We set strict data retention periods, where possible, in the various third party software that we use that may include your personal data, this includes 10 years for accounting records using Sage Business Cloud and 50 months for event tracking data in Google Analytics.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- Whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website requesting contact from us we will add you to our contact database, this information will include your name and email address. We do not share this information with anyone else and we do add these details to our newsletter list, but only if you have given us consent to do so as part of that enquiry.
- If you decide you do not wish to hear from us, you may change your mind at anytime by writing to or emailing us or by clicking on the unsubscribe link in our emails.
- We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
All our systems are password protected and we use appropriate anti-virus information to ensure that your data is secure.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998 (DPA) & EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to Improve Position, 27 Meaden Way, Felpham, West Sussex, PO22 8FA.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.